Yamaha DME64N Processor Firmware 4.05 - Description
This package provides the necessary installation files of Yamaha DME64N Processor Firmware version 4.05.
- Now supports Windows 10.
- The hardware specification for DME Firmware V3.5x or earlier differs from the one for Firmware V3.8x or later (including V4.0). Therefore firmware V3.5x or earlier cannot be upgraded to V3.81 or later. Also, firmware V3.81 or later cannot be downgraded to V3.5x or earlier. (This does not apply to the SP2060 or ICP1.) If you need to upgrade your DME from V3.5x or earlier to V3.81 or later (including V4.0), please contact your Yamaha dealer.
- It is needless to change the DME hardware when you need to upgrade/downgrade between V3.8x and V4.00 or later. Please download the required firmware version from our download page and update your DME by using DME Designer.
- Save an up-to-date DME project file (*.daf). Don't update unless an up-to-date ".daf" file has already been saved on your computer. Without the ".daf" file, you will not be able to restore DME operation.
- DME Designer V4 cannot design/control the system that consists of DME Firmware V3 units or the mixed system with Firmware V3 and V4 units. It is required to unify the system version to V3 or V4 by upgrading/downgrading DME Designer or firmware.
- It is necessary to update DME Satellite firmware to V4.05 in order to connect with a Windows 10 PC that has DME Designer Ver.4.0.0 installed. If it is connected with a DME satellite that has firmware Ver.4.00 – 4.04 installed, the DME Designer will not operate normally.
- You need DME Designer to install the firmware.
About Firmware Update:
Applying a newer firmware version than the one already installed on your unit can bring various enhancements, include workarounds for diverse problems encountered by the device, and improve or add newly developed features.
On the other hand, downgrading the firmware version can recover the device’s functionality in the event of a software update either turning up faulty or causing the unit’s overall performance to drop. However, bear in mind that applying an older firmware isn’t recommended and might not always be possible.
When it comes to the update steps, due to the large variety of devices and numerous ways for installing a new firmware, it is recommended that you carefully read and understand the upgrade steps, and consider applying a different firmware only when you have familiarized yourself with the update method.
As the installation process is most of the times quite risky, this step should be taken by users that have the ability to successfully complete the update; regular users may initiate it at their own risk. Moreover, it’s best that this task be performed in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit.
Therefore, if you consider applying this release, hit the download button, take into account all the aforementioned aspects, and update the device’s firmware. Also make sure you constantly check with our website to ensure that you don’t miss a single new release.